Q1:Is an applicant who has completed a Master study programme or equivalent outside of Slovenia required to provide a certificate of English language when applying for the programme?
A1: If the applicant has obtained a Master degree or equivalent in an English-speaking country, such a certificate is not required. However, they have to provide an alternative document that proves their fluency in English (e.g. proof that their studies were conducted in English)
Q2: Where can I obtain a certificate of English language?
A2: ISSBS accepts several types of English language certificates, for example:
- a certificate of English language test at B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR),
- IELTS Academic, score 6.0,
- TOEFL, score 550 for the paper-based test or 79-80 for the internet-based test,
- PTE (Pearson Tests of English), level 4 for the general test or score 51 for the academic test,
- Cambridge ESOL Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE),
- Cambridge ESOL Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), grade C,
- grade 4 in English at the matura (Slovenian national examination),
- upper secondary education completed in Great Britain, Ireland, the United States, Canada, Australia or New Zealand,
- bachelor’s or master’s degree completed in English.
Q3: Where can I find help with my application?
A3: For technical issues, please contact the unified contact centre of the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Slovenia at email@example.com, and for content-related issues, please contact ISSBS at firstname.lastname@example.org.