Q1: Is an applicant who has completed a 4-year bachelor's programme outside of Slovenia required to provide a certificate of English language when applying for the programme?
A1: If the applicant has obtained a bachelor’s degree in an English-speaking country, such a certificate is not required. However, they have to provide an alternative document that proves their fluency in English (e.g. proof that their studies were conducted in English).Q2: Where can I obtain a certificate of English language?
A2: ISSBS accepts several types of English language certificates, for example:
Q3: The admission requirements for the Master’s in Management and Quality in Education (MQE) state that candidates must have completed a 4-year bachelor or equivalent undergraduate programme in social sciences, business, administration, law or education. Could you specify which areas the degrees are accepted from?
- La certificate of English language at B1/B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR),
- IELTS Academic, score 6.0,
- TOEFL, score 550 for the paper-based test or 79-80 for the internet-based test,
- PTE (Pearson Tests of English), level 4 for the general test or score 51 for the academic test,
- Cambridge ESOL Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE),
- Cambridge ESOL Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), grade C,
- grade 4 in English at the matura (Slovenian national examination),
- upper secondary education completed in Great Britain, Ireland, the United States, Canada, Australia or New Zealand,
- bachelor’s or master’s degree completed in English.
A3: Below you can find the list of ISCED (International Standard Classification of Education) areas of eligible degrees for enrolment in the MQE programme.
3 Social sciences, business and law
- 31 Social and behavioural sciences (Economics, economic history, political sciences, sociology, demography, anthropology (except physical anthropology), ethnology, futurology, psychology, geography (except physical geography), peace and conflict studies, human rights).
- 34 Business and Administration (retail, marketing, sales, public relations, real estate; finance, banking, insurance, investment analysis; accounting, auditing, bookkeeping; management, public administration, institutional administration, personnel management; Secretarial and office work).
- 38 Law (Local magistrates, notaries, law (general, international, labour, maritime, etc.), jurisprudence, history of law).
Q4: How can I get help with my application?
- 14 Teacher training and education science
- Training for pre-school, kindergarten and primary school teachers, teachers of vocational, practical and non-vocational subjects, teachers in adult education, teacher trainers and teachers working with children with disabilities. General and specialised teacher-training programmes.
- Education science: curriculum development in non-vocational and vocational subjects. Educational assessment, testing and measurement, educational research, other education sciences.
A4: For technical issues, please contact the unified contact centre of the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Slovenia at firstname.lastname@example.org
, and for content-related issues, please contact ISSBS at email@example.com